Celebrating God’s Grace, Part 1
We celebrate by treasuring God’s saving grace.
God picked you. (4-6)
God redeemed you. (7-12)
God guarantees your future. (13-14)
Do you treasure God’s saving grace?
For the Next Lesson: Ephesians 1:3-14
1. Read verse 3. What do you think Paul, the author, meant when he said “blessed be” about God? What is he trying to communicate to the Christians in Ephesus who would have been reading this letter? Through whom do God’s blessings come, and why is this important? As you consider verse 3, what spiritual blessings come to mind that you receive through Jesus Christ? How do these blessings influence your attitude toward God?
2. Read verses 4-6. One of the spiritual blessings we get in Christ is that God chose us as Christians. When did God choose us? For what purpose did he choose us? What was God’s motivation? What is the result? What should our response be?
3. Read verses 7-12. Another spiritual blessing we get in Christ is that have we been redeemed. What was the price for our redemption? What are the results of our redemption according to verses 7-8? What are the reasons for our redemption in verses 9-12? How should we respond to this blessing?
4. Read verses 13-14. The final blessing that Paul highlights is that we have been sealed by the Holy Spirit. How do we get this seal according to verse 13? What does this seal guarantee? What response should this blessing inspire in us?
5. So what. As you think through the three blessings that Paul highlights, which one is most meaningful for you and why? Notice in verses 6, 12 and 14 that Paul praises God’s glory. What is God’s glory in context of these verses? How do you respond to the glorious spiritual blessings God gives you? What can you do to more deeply appreciate the blessings you have received?